HomeWalk 2012 – United Way’s annual 5K Run/Walk to end homelessness – is less than three short weeks away! Help us make this year’s event bigger and better than ever by ramping up your recruitment and fundraising efforts and following these four easy steps!
1. Grab a fact sheet! Visit our Fundraise page and choose from “Homelessness in L.A. County” and “HomeWalk 2012” or use both! These flyers contain lots of great stats on the issue and will help you spread the word.
2. Talk about the highlights! This year’s event will feature…
- Lakers star and Honorary Chair Kobe Bryant at the opening ceremony;
- Celebrity guest appearances by Jon Huertas from “Castle” and Mark Valley from “Body of Proof”;
- Inspirational stories from formerly homeless individuals; and
- Food trucks!
3. Share it with your network! Post your team page or the HomeWalk website on Facebook and Twitter. Update your photo with one of several from our Facebook page and let people know why ending homelessness is important to you. Plus, you can follow us on Twitter @LAUnitedWay for updates, to ask questions or just say hello!
4. Double your impact and help us reach $1 million! Thanks to a generous grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, we will match – dollar for dollar – all contributions of $100 or more to HomeWalk 2012!