Reports to: Director of Major Gifts
Department: Major Gifts
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is seeking an outgoing, organized Development (Fundraising) Intern to assist the Major Gifts Department with fundraising efforts through written solicitations, research of prospective donors, and donor cultivation.
The internship is a one year term.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Development Intern will assist with fundraising efforts, specifically:
- Generate gift acknowledgements
- Data entry of donor information and donations
- Follow-up with donors via letter and phone
- Researching prospective donors
In addition to administrative duties, the Development Intern will have front-of-house duties at some donor events (early morning and evenings) such as:
- Staffing the registration table and interacting directly with patrons
- Assistance in setting up for special events for donors before events
- Brochure and program distribution
- Intern must be available to work 15 hours a week
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential
- Excellent internet research skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access computer programs preferred
- Knowledge of Photoshop a plus
College credits at an accredited institution.
This position is limited to currently enrolled undergraduates or graduate students who reside or attend college in Los Angeles County, will have completed at least one semester of college by June 2012, and will not graduate before December 2014. Candidates are welcome from all areas of undergraduate and graduate studies and are not required to have non-profit experience but it is preferred.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.