The Campaign Specialist will strategize, plan, and implement Fall employee giving campaigns while promoting and communicating the United Way Creating Pathways Out of Poverty message during speaking engagements. The Campaign Specialist will conduct speaking events focused on delivering the United Way message and motivating individuals around our mission. This will require face-to-face meetings within a designated portfolio of companies, supporting their corporate giving, volunteerism, and employee campaign goals. The Campaign Specialist is a great networking opportunity and a community-focused, hands-on learning experience.
Campaign Related Engagements
- Conduct and implement small scale Workplace campaigns.
- Speak at company events and functions as required; including rallies, benefit fairs, social events during normal business hours and, as required, after hours and on weekends.
- Work with Development team on additional campaigns to schedule all speaking engagements.
- Coordinate with various contacts within our companies/accounts to determine the needs for campaign materials and speaking engagements.
- Assemble and deliver or mail campaign materials.
- Pick up pledge forms and money and obtain appropriate signatures required at pickup.
- Attend site visits and volunteer events as required by our companies/accounts.
- Responsibility for securing HomeWalk teams and fundraising within accounts assigned.
- Help customers realize the value of the campaign and year round engagement with United Way to their organization and implement a plan that accomplishes these goals.
- Other Related Administrative Functions
- Actively use the donor relationship management tool (CRM) to capture and maintain critical donor data including calendaring all meeting activities and documenting notes and action items following all meetings.
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar in Outlook
- Attend required internal meetings/trainings
- Other duties and responsibilities as required to ensure a successful campaign
- Must be able to motivate individuals to “Give, Advocate, Volunteer” using various forms of media and messaging.
- Must be organized and able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate engagements after normal working hours and on weekends.
- Must possess strong customer relationship skills.
- Must have creative and innovative thinking.
- Must have excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Must be results oriented with a focus on growing revenue from employee giving.
- Must be well organized and punctual.
- Must be comfortable with various forms of media presentation.
- Must have ability to adjust messaging based on the audience.
- Must have ability to work well in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Must possess current valid driver’s license/car needed
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Prior Sales experience a plus
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Temporary Position with an end date of November 21, 2016
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.