Marketing & Communications Department
Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, CRM & Data Analytics, the CRM Data Analyst will play a role in helping meet overall fundraising goals, growing lifetime value of donors, reducing donor churn, and reactivating lapsed donors. Retaining donors is critical to the health of the organization and the CRM Data Analyst will develop and perform donor analytics, data mining, and statistical modeling to support Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other organizational needs. The CRM Data Analyst will work closely with internal teams to help drive strategy and program development in the transformation of United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA).
- Develop donor segment-based metrics, goals, and measurements in collaboration with stakeholders in Marketing & Communications, Development, and Community Impact teams for donor lifecycle marketing programs.
- Design and conduct testing recommendations to measure impact of CRM and marketing programs.
- Create and manage standard post-campaign analysis reports/insights.
- Develop a deep understanding of donor segments across a variety of data sources (internal donor database, primary and secondary research, etc.) to help drive marketing strategies, program development, and new approaches to engagement.
- Closely partner with CRM Manager and Director, CRM & Data Analytics to develop, interpret, implement, and support various types of statistical modeling such as:
- Donor segmentation and profiling and proactive behavior evaluation for target groups, e.g. donors with low engagement and potential for non-renewal
- Propensity models for churn, retention, growth, and engagement
- Predictive modeling for best messaging, campaign response, and lift
- Access and analyze donor (transactional) data for ongoing and ad-hoc analyses
- Leverage data analytics and donor insights to offer data-driven strategies to segment and target donors and to improve and optimize engagement, loyalty, and retention.
- Create effective dashboards, data visualizations, and reports to track and analyze KPIs. Responsible for converting data analysis into actionable information/reports and disseminating to the organization.
- Ensure that appropriate, measurable baselines are established for ongoing measurement and analysis.
- Maintain an active role in CRM database system, data quality, and integrity. Maintain ongoing data clean-up to ensure up-to-date accuracy.
- Identify opportunities to improve analytical approaches and tools.
- Regularly communicate specific trends, issues, results, status reports, and opportunities through utilization of analytics.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in Marketing/CRM
- Proficiency with CRM platforms, data reporting systems and programs, database management, and email service provider tools
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of data and turn into actionable initiatives (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Familiarity with testing methodology and desire to drive results through analytics
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization
- Ability to effectively work across functions, i.e. Marketing & Communications, Development, Community Impact, and Finance
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot, thrive under pressure, and accept constructive criticism
- Should possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate strategy, tactics, and results clearly to all organizational levels
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems
- Enthusiastic team player with positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task, and switch tasks fluidly, including ability to hit the ground running
- Willing to occasionally work late nights or weekends during crunch times to meet business needs
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) is essential
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “CRM Data Analyst” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.