Marketing & Communications Department
Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, CRM & Data Analytics, the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) & Data Coordinator will play a role in helping meet overall fundraising and donor retention goals by reporting on lifetime value of donors and identifying opportunities to increase donor gifts and win back lapsed donors. The CRM & Data Coordinator will assist the CRM team in data mining, KPI reporting and analytics, and coordinate overall marketing campaign planning to support CRM and other Marketing department needs. The CRM & Data Coordinator will work closely with internal teams to help drive strategy and program development in the transformation of United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA).
- Measure and assist in development of donor segment-based metrics and goals in collaboration with stakeholders in Marketing & Communications, Development, and Community Impact teams for donor lifecycle marketing programs.
- Assist in cross-functional organization, planning, and effective execution of marketing strategies, partnership and events focusing on tracking and progress of execution against goals.
- Research and recommend thoughtful ideas to drive innovation in the development of marketing strategies
- Create and manage standard post-campaign analysis reports/insights.
- Develop a deep understanding of donor segments across a variety of data sources (internal donor database, primary and secondary research, etc.) to help drive marketing strategies, program development, and new approaches to engagement.
- Closely partner with CRM Manager and Director, CRM & Data Analytics to develop, interpret, implement, and support various types of statistical modeling such as:
- Donor segmentation, profiling and proactive behavior evaluation for target groups, e.g. donors with low engagement and potential for non-renewal
- Propensity models for churn, retention, growth, and engagement
- Predictive modeling for best messaging, campaign response, and lift
- Access and analyze donor (transactional) data for ongoing and ad-hoc analyses
- Leverage data analytics and donor insights to offer data-driven strategies to segment and target donors and to improve and optimize engagement, loyalty, and retention.
- Create effective dashboards, data visualizations, and reports to track and analyze KPIs. Responsible for converting data analysis into actionable information/reports and disseminating to the organization.
- Assist with the creation of presentations, metrics reporting around KPIs, recaps and other presentation meeting materials.
- Maintain an active role in CRM database system, data quality, and integrity. Maintain ongoing data cleanup to ensure up-to-date accuracy.
- Regularly communicate trends, issues, results, status reports, and opportunities through utilization of analytics.
- Assist in executing donor and acquisition email strategies utilizing our email marketing service platform.
- Work cross-functionally to capture content and assets around all out going email marketing communications.
- Plan, traffic and schedule digital campaigns as applied to website content and digital advertising.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of experience in Marketing, preferably in CRM or Digital Marketing
- Familiarity with CRM platforms, data reporting systems and programs, database management, and email service provider tools
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of data and turn into actionable insights (including both quantitative and qualitative data)
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization
- Ability to effectively work across functions, i.e. Marketing & Communications, Development, Community Impact, and Finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate strategy, tactics, and results clearly to all organizational levels
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems
- Self-motivated and independent, with excellent prioritization, project management and critical thinking skills, with a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player with the flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and switch tasks fluidly
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to hit the ground running
- Ability to work independently, creatively troubleshoot and work in a fast-moving, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Must thrive under pressure and be able to accept constructive feedback
- Willing to occasionally work late nights or weekends during crunch times to meet business needs
- Strong experience using Asana and superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel (and the other Microsoft suite of products) are essential
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “CRM & Data Coordinator” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.