Marketing & Communications Department
Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, CRM & Data Analytics, the CRM Manager will play a role in meeting overall fundraising goals, growing lifetime value of donors, reducing donor churn, and reactivating lapsed donors. Retaining donors is critical to the health of the organization and the CRM Manager will provide support to drive the CRM strategy, data analytics, and donor insights in the transformation of United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA).
- Identify donor opportunities and segments, creating and executing retention, loyalty, advocacy, and winback strategies and tactics across multiple segments.
- Execute programs that delight and retain key customer segments and reduce churn.
- Manage email marketing strategies to support marketing goals, establishing and implementing email best practices, including A/B and multi-variant testing.
- Support Director in the development of new channel strategies and tactics to drive donor engagement, loyalty and retention and manage the execution across multiple contact points.
- Develop a deep understanding of donor segments across a variety of data sources (internal donor database, primary and secondary research, etc.) to drive marketing campaigns, strategy development, and new approaches to engagement.
- Manage proactive donor marketing strategies to target donors with low engagement and who are at risk for not renewing.
- Track, measure, and analyze performance across all channels with a focus on lifetime value and engagement metrics specific to each segment.
- Partner with Marketing and Development teams on creation of marketing strategies targeting donors within our affinity groups.
- Partner with Data Analyst in delivering reports and analysis for the organization.
- Leverage data analytics and donor insights to offer data-driven strategies to segment and target donors, and to improve and optimize engagement and retention.
- Create effective dashboards, data visualizations and reports to track and analyze KPIs, with an audience emphasis on sales and marketing executive leadership end users.
- Measure impact to increase donor retention, loyalty and engagement. Ensure that appropriate, measurable baselines are established for ongoing measurement and analysis.
- Define the ideal donor experience for each segment in close partnership with stakeholders in Marketing & Communications, Development and Community Impact teams.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Marketing/CRM/Digital Marketing.
- Proficiency with CRM platforms, data reporting systems and programs, database management, and email service provider tools.
- Familiarity with testing methodology and desire to drive results through analytics
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization
- Able to be strategic and tie initiatives to high level organization objectives, roll up sleeves to drive flawless and timely execution, and monitor performance.
- Ability to effectively work across functions, i.e. Marketing & Communications, Development, Community Impact, and Finance.
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot, thrive under pressure, and accept constructive criticism.
- Should possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate strategy, tactics, and results clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with tracking key performance metrics for events; previous experience with CRM systems a plus.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems.
- Enthusiastic team player with positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task, and switch tasks fluidly, including ability to hit the ground running.
- Willing to occasionally work late nights or weekends during crunch times to meet business needs.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) is essential.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “CRM Manager” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.