Gift Processing Department
The Data Quality Specialist is responsible for the research and correction of data as identified by the United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA) organization. The Data Quality Specialist is expected to provide a level of expertise in the Enterprise application and is required to maintain the highest level of accuracy. The Data Quality Specialist is considered the in-house expert related to data values and the interpretation of data on donors/companies and their pledge and payment histories.
- DATA QUALITY:
- Research to identify the causes of inaccurate data, the resolution required, and execute the necessary data correction procedures. This will also include executing the procedures developed for the verification and annual auditing of the designation management file in the central fundraising database.
- Assist the Director of Gift Processing in the research and resolution of data errors identified by the UWGLA team. Following organizational procedures, notify team members when resolution steps have been executed.
- Assist with Financial reconciliation on an ongoing basis.
- Provide back-up resourcing for manual check-processes.
- Resolve Suspense designations generated by standard processing guidelines on a timely basis through research, within accepted departmental parameters, including donor and agency contact, Internet research and possible governmental communication.
- Research, verify and set-up Agency Detail in Fundraising database, using IRS and United Way of America sites or from Agency-provided data.
- Maintain appropriate files and correspondence as required by departmental procedure.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information regarding high-end donors, process and support high-end accounts on a timely basis within exception processing guidelines.
- Process manual check requests for high-end donors in allotted timeframe to ensure high level of customer satisfaction
- Manage monthly manual credit-card process for high-end and recurring donors, and properly track and enter data to update accounts on a timely basis.
- RECONCILIATION MANAGEMENT:
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of multi-location accounts; including data entry as needed.
- Prepare records for ongoing annual audits.
- Prepare Annual Campaign reporting notifications for all pledge and acknowledgement information
- Assist in records preparation for ongoing annual audits of large Federated and multi-location accounts for both internal and external agencies.
- Prepare Annual Campaign reporting notification to all Federations and Unaffiliated Agencies for all pledge and acknowledgement information.
- Assist with sunsetting of CFC Campaigns (through CY2018):
- Assist with Monthly reconciliation with Finance in preparation for manual payout, then prepare and liaise with Funds Distribution for monthly manual payout and reporting under strict governmental (OPM) guidelines, and process resulting disbursement for mailing.
- On a monthly basis, maintain, verify and prepare CFC Worksheets in preparation for annual audits of Combined Federal Campaign results with both external and governmental agencies.
- On monthly basis, research and follow-up on stale-dated items, including multiple agency contacts for resolution. Reissue of items, if needed, or transfer of funds to general pool
- At campaign close, complete OPM 1417 online survey and submit all supporting pledge and payment worksheets, per their direction.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of direct Accounts Payable experience, preferably within non-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree, in Business, Finance, or Accounting, strongly preferred or equivalent experience within in a corporate work environment required.
- Should possess strong research and analysis abilities; creative thinking with ability to problem solve on an organization-wide basis.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including Customer service focus in working with all internal organizational levels and external contacts.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgment when faced with unclear or questionable data and be able to extrapolate intent from non-standard submissions.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects within tight department metrics and deadlines, as well as ability to manage conflicting priorities and projects.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel functions including subtotal, Vlookup, pivot table, etc.
- Should possess very strong attention to detail, solid organizational skills, with pride in accuracy and quality of work; as well as highly collaborative within a solid team environment.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Data Quality Specialist” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.