Marketing & Communications Department
Under the general direction and guidance of the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, the Director, Marketing will play a key leadership role in building the United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA) brand. The Director is responsible for driving the creation of overarching marketing strategies and long-term brand strategies. This leader will play a critical role in the strategic development, day-to-day leadership, implementation and management of marketing plans and programs to drive brand awareness, engagement, and fundraising for UWGLA. The Director, Marketing will partner with the Development department to create strategic partnerships including corporate sponsorships and cause marketing partnerships.
- Responsible for the overall UWGLA brand and brand management, including brand identity and voice, strategy, positioning, platforms, and messaging.
- Lead overall vision for UWGLA’s website experience and work with cross-functional teams to develop content for the website.
- Oversee creative direction and develop all marketing materials and assets to ensure brand consistency and messaging across all channels and platforms, both internally and externally.
- Drive the creation of strategic partnerships, collaborating with the Development, Community Impact, Communications & Events, and CRM teams.
- Partner with Development to create and implement corporate partnerships and recognition programs.
- Review and approve all externally-created marketing materials using UWGLA name and/or logo.
- Work closely with the CRM and Data Analytics team on customer insights, data analytics, and consumer market research needs in order to drive the creation of effective marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with Director, CRM & Data Analytics to define the ideal donor experience for each segment in close partnership with key stakeholders.
- Develop emotionally compelling creatives and messaging, reinforcing UWGLA brand positioning and ensure consistency across all channels.
- Regularly communicate plans, report on results, and set expectations with executive and leadership teams and other stakeholders with confidence and clarity.
- Stay current on market, competition, best practices, and trends, applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Manage external vendors and contractors to maximize results, and support the current and future goals of the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Brand/Consumer Marketing; CRM experience a plus.
- Additional experience outside of Brand marketing (e.g., CRM, digital marketing, e-commerrce, customer insights, sales, strategy consulting) a plus.
- Experience in corporate environments is highly desirable.
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to deliver effective marketing messages.
- Proven strategist with strong business acumen and analytical skills with a strong creative eye and ability to evaluate creative.
- Ability to tie initiatives to high level business objectives and roll up sleeves to drive flawless and timely execution and monitoring of performance.
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization.
- Effective relationship building skills with key constituents such as board members, corporate partners and sponsors, and new business targets.
- Experienced manager who cares deeply about the personal and professional development of his/her team.
- Ability to effectively work across functions, including Marketing & Communications, Development, Community Impact, and Finance
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate strategy, tactics, and results with clarity for a variety of audiences.
- Enthusiastic team player with positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and switch tasks fluidly, including ability to hit the ground running.
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems.
- Must thrive under pressure and be able to accept constructive feedback
- Willing to occasionally work late nights or weekends during crunch times to meet business needs.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) is essential.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Director, Marketing” position title in the subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.