Marketing & Communications Department
Under the general direction of the Vice President, Marketing & Communications, the Director, Marketing & Corporate Partnerships will lead the organization in building the United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA) brand. This leader will play a critical role in the strategic development, implementation and day-to-day leadership and management of marketing plans, strategic partnerships and events to drive brand awareness, engagement, and revenue for UWGLA. The Director, Marketing & Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for developing and cultivating strategic marketing partnerships and sponsorships including corporate partnerships, event sponsorships, and cause marketing. He/she is also responsible for overseeing UWGLA events which reach multiple audiences including corporate partners, individual donors, the civic community, and consumer audiences, and employ various formats (5K run/walks, summits, affinity group events, volunteer events, etc.). Additionally, the Director, Marketing & Corporate Partnerships will oversee the creative direction and production of all marketing materials and assets.
- Partner with Development Team to create and implement corporate partnerships and corporate recognition programs.
- Drive the creation of strategic partnerships, including strong corporate relationships, event sponsorships and cause marketing, leading the execution in collaboration with the Development, Community Impact, Communications & Content, and CRM teams on the execution.
- Create the event marketing strategy and calendar to further UWGLA’s marketing and fundraising goals, in collaboration with Development and Community Impact Departments.
- Oversee several mass events with audience size of 1,000 to 10,000+ attendees, including United Way’s annual HomeWalk 5K to end homelessness
- Oversee year-round events for corporate recognition and donor segments: Leadership, Women United, Emerging Leaders, and Tocqueville Society
- Evaluate ROI on all events against organizational goals and adjust strategies to ensure impact
- Oversee all aspects of event production: project management, budget management, programming and content, marketing collateral, site planning, vendor negotiations, analysis and reporting, and flawless execution day of event.
- Integrate best practice customer relationship management (CRM) into all event activities, from invitations to post-event follow ups to ensure data is incorporated into donor database and generate internal reports.
- Identify and cultivate event sponsorships to raise $1 million in sponsorship revenue for event portfolio; responsible for cultivating in-kind and media sponsorships.
- Partner with Communications and Content team in terms of messaging, both broadly and to specific donor segments. Leverage digital assets with corporate donors.
- Work closely with the CRM & Data Analytics team on customer insights, data analytics, and consumer market research needs in order to drive the creation of innovative marketing strategies.
- Develop a deep understanding of donor segments across a variety of data sources (internal donor database, primary and secondary research, etc.) to drive marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Oversee creative direction and production of all marketing materials and assets to ensure brand consistency and messaging across all channels and platforms, both internally and externally.
- Review and approve all externally-created marketing materials using UWGLA name and/or logo.
- Create effective dashboards and analyze KPIs, with an audience emphasis on sales and marketing executive leadership end users.
- Set success criteria, measure impact, and evolve the strategy in order to impact brand awareness, engagement and revenue. Ensure that appropriate, measurable baselines are established for ongoing measurement and analysis.
- Regularly communicate plans, report on results and set expectations with executive and leadership teams and other stakeholders with confidence and clarity.
- Stay current on market, competition, best practices, and trends, applying them to strategies when applicable.
- Manage external vendors and contractors to maximize results, and support the current and future goals of the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; Master’s or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Brand/Consumer Marketing; CRM experience a plus
- Additional experience outside of Brand marketing (e.g., CRM, digital marketing, e-commerce, customer insights, sales, strategy consulting) a plus
- Experience in corporate environments is highly desirable
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to deliver effective marketing messages
- Background in event production, creativity, and/or logistics highly desirable
- Proven strategist with strong business acumen and analytical skills with a strong creative eye and ability to evaluate creative
- Ability to tie initiatives to high level business objectives and roll up sleeves to drive flawless and timely execution and monitoring of performance
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization
- Effective relationship building skills with key constituents such as board members, corporate partners and sponsors, and new business targets
- Experienced manager who cares deeply about the personal and professional development of his/her team.
- Ability to effectively work across functions, including Development, Community Impact, and Finance
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate strategy, tactics, and results with clarity for a variety of audiences
- Enthusiastic team player with positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and switch tasks fluidly, including ability to hit the ground running
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems.
- Must thrive under pressure and be able to accept constructive feedback
- Willing to occasionally work late nights or weekends during crunch times to meet business needs
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) is essential
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history with the “Director, Marketing & Corporate Partnerships” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.