Under the general direction and guidance of the Vice President, Development, the Director, Public Sector Accounts provides innovative and strategic leadership for the achievement of all “Public Sector Accounts” development goals. The Director, Public Sector Accounts must be results oriented and possess a proven track record of successful completion of projects. The Director will lead a team of Public Sector Accounts Managers who support key public sector Workplace campaigns within the United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA) portfolio. The Director will work closely with his/her peers, including the Director, Shared Services, in the development and execution of an integrated strategy that will drive revenue growth and constituent engagement; as measured by growth in the UWGLA’s impact, relevance, and revenue. Total revenue responsibility will exceed $3.5M, with strong potential to grow to $5M, in annual Workplace contributions.
- Oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive engagement strategy for top level management and officials within key public sector Workplace accounts.
- Build strategies and opportunities to engage with key public sector Workplace accounts year-round to nurture, advance, and enhance relationships to institutionalize United Way within the workplace.
- Ensure year-round account plans are developed and implemented across top accounts.
- Develop process to institutionalize and categorize “best practices”, as well as facilitate sharing among the team, with the support of Shared Services.
- Coach team on building long term relationships to meet revenue goals, increase employee participation, and increase undesignated contributions.
- Ensure that every Public Sector Account has a strategic account plan and is aligned with the Director, Shared Services.
- Monitor account metrics, activities, and corresponding results across portfolios.
- Ensure the team understands, evaluates, and reduces donor churn.
- Take personal ownership of key individual leadership donors, including top level management, officials and senior staff within strategic Workplace campaigns.
- Review and analyze the strengths and challenges of the team’s Workplace campaign efforts to determine appropriate strategies and tactics to maximize results.
- Provide and ensure all external/internal customers consistently receive superb customer service.
- Engage and participate in the overall Organizational Customer Relationship Management Program.
- Develop Labor engagement strategy to strengthen UWGLA’s position with public sector employees and leadership.
- Ensure team presents benefits of utilizing eWAY and other tools for more efficient gift processing.
- Maintain high personal visibility throughout key Workplace campaigns.
- Maintain an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement and keep current on relevant local political activity.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in penetrating and navigating complex, multi-site, and public sector accounts preferred.
- Proven track record as a Sales leader with demonstrated success and experience in the development and management of employees while creating collaborative teams.
- Experience in setting viable revenue goals, meeting predetermined revenue goals, pipeline management, and forecasting required.
- Minimum 5-7 years progressively responsible development experience in fundraising, sales management, and/or customer service experience for high volume institutions and organizations.
- Experience linking political strategy with appropriate revenue growth strategy.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills a must.
- Proven capacity to apply independent judgment in planning, prioritizing, and organizing multiple tasks in a diversified work load.
- Expertise and knowledgeable on current political climate within Greater Los Angeles region.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal), with the capacity to inspire.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all organizational levels within a diverse environment.
- Proficient in Windows Operating systems, MS Office and knowledge of and demonstrated efficiency with donor and sales customer relationship management (CRM) databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Director, Public Sector Accounts” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.