Under the general direction of the Director, Engagement and Strategic Initiatives, the Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive engagement program for existing and potential donors. The role will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Development, and Community Impact teams to strengthen existing engagement strategies. She/He will initiate, build, and maintain relationships with corporations, community partners and individual donors throughout Los Angeles. Additionally, the Engagement Manager will work closely with the Director of Engagement & Strategic Initiatives to develop long-term strategies, goals and plans for the successful improvement and expansion of UWGLA programs.
- Develop and execute a volunteer strategy, integrating Corporate Recognition, which increases engagement and deepens existing relationships with individual donors, corporate partners, and affiliated community partner organizations.
- Ideate and coordinate group engagement year round projects and events; responsible for managing relationships with external vendors and internal stakeholders to define event objectives, requirements, scope, timing, and budgets to ensure event activation runs smoothly.
- Market all engagement programs, to corporate partners/individual donors, gathering photographs and stories and managing specific volunteer content in collaboration with Marketing & Communications Department.
- Develop and implement a recruitment, management, retention and recognition plan for volunteers.
- Manage, organize, and execute the annual Volunteer Service Awards activities and reception.
- Create Volunteer Toolkit to ensure compliance with UWGLA policies and procedures.
- Ideate, manage, and conduct volunteer and Engagement training and orientation to introduce United Way’s programs; conduct orientation/training classes quarterly at minimum.
- Develop and maintain an Engagement activities tracking system to ensure accurate and timely information is readily available for department and administrative reporting:
- Develop Volunteer feedback tracking mechanisms.
- Oversee the management, maintenance, and quality of the Engagement database.
- Conduct correlation analysis of data on the relationship between Volunteerism and Giving
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in volunteer and/or employee management, corporate social responsibility, event management, communications, and strong project management skills highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility best practices, specifically with employee engagement strategies strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in internal and external collaboration, joint problem solving, and constructive team dynamics.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic communications and engagement with diverse audiences.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills with ability to speak and present to groups to communicate the mission of the organization with enthusiasm and passion.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential; experience using Microsoft CRM or comparable fundraising database software preferred.
- Proven ability to prepare clear and accurate reports, correspondence, and other written and oral communications.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgement, discretion, and solid decision-making.
- Should possess strong attention to detail, solid organizational and time management skills, with ability to handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Must have flexibility with scheduling, including occasional evenings, weekends, or early mornings.
Interested candidates: please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Engagement Manager” position title in the subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry,
marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a
veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.