Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Coordinator provides dedicated support to the Director, Major Gifts, as well as the Major Gifts team. Overall responsibilities include administrative functions, oversight of stewardship of donors within the Major Gifts’ portfolio, support for Affinity group and cabinet members, and continuous improvement of Major Gifts’ processes and procedures.
- Monitors reporting needs and generates all Major Gifts reports in a timely manner
- Schedule and arrange meetings and conference calls for internal staff and affinity group cabinets: Tocqueville Society, Women United, and Emerging Leaders.
- Update donor information and data into Enterprise and CRM on an ongoing basis as well as maintain donor hard files
- Manages donor related inquiries and development of external materials, e.g. donor accounts balance requests, etc.
- Accurately update all coding, departmental goals, and projections into appropriate systems
- Research, create, and update donor profiles annually
- Strategize and oversee stewardship of Affinity group donors:
- Manage touch point of custom “Thank You” letters for Tocqueville donors, on behalf of the entire Major Gifts team, Vice President, Development, and CEO; including mail distribution
- Manage Tocqueville donor requests sent to designated non-profit organizations
- Audits and processes designated gifts to ensure accuracy and proper application for each, including stock transfers, checks, credit card transactions, etc.
- Primary point of contact for Affinity groups’ cabinet members:
- Primarily provide support for affinity group cabinet members in their volunteerism and ongoing meetings
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, take meeting minutes and support presentations
- Proactively develop and generate all related meeting materials for ongoing cabinet projects and meetings
- Partner with Shared Services’ Research Manager in implementation of wealth-screening and relationship-mapping tools.
- As programs evolve, become the point person for Major Gifts and provide additional support as appropriate
- Coordinate with Marketing & Communications team on events logistics as needed
- Supports the Development team and participates in strategic networking at UWGLA donor events as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related professional work experience required
- Should possess strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to exercise initiative, independent good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making
- Should possess excellent project management skills and disciplined time management skills with strong accountability
- Must possess strong multitasking and prioritizing skills, with exemplary attention to detail
- Must be a quick learner with ability to learn new database systems and easily adapt to change
- Must have excellent relationship building skills, strong organization, and follow up skills.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple priorities and demonstrate confidence working within a fast paced team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential; experience using Microsoft CRM or comparable fundraising database software preferred
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history with the “Major Gifts Coordinator” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.