Marketing & Communications Department
Under the direction and guidance of the Director, Marketing & Corporate Partnerships, the Marketing Coordinator will support in the planning and execution of marketing strategies, marketing materials and assets, corporate partnerships and events. This role will also provide support to the Communications and CRM team projects and initiatives as directed.
As a member of the Marketing & Communications team, the successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, be able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position is full-time and based in Los Angeles.
- Assist in cross-functional organization, planning, and effective execution of marketing strategies, partnerships and events, and in the tracking and progress of execution against goals.
- Assist in the project management of marketing collateral and graphic design projects, working with project stakeholders and external vendors, and helping ensure that all marketing and creative materials reflect consistent UWGLA branding and messaging.
- Support the Director, Marketing & Corporate Partnerships and collaborate with the Development and Community Impact teams in the development and execution of corporate sponsorship and corporate recognition programs.
- Assist in the cultivation, creation and implementation of strategic and cause marketing partnerships.
- Help identify new creative ways and opportunities to leverage existing partners as well as new target partners) to expand our audience reach and reinforce our brand positioning.
- Assist with the creation of presentations, KPI dashboards, reports, recaps and other presentation and meeting materials.
- Research and recommend thoughtful ideas to drive innovation in the development of marketing strategies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, journalism, communications or related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in brand/consumer marketing or public relations, preferably in-house or agency; private sector (for-profit) marketing background is a plus
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated to execute on responsibilities
- Excellent prioritization, project management and critical thinking skills, with a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player with the flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and switch tasks fluidly
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to hit the ground running
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and work in a fast-moving, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Must thrive under pressure and be able to accept constructive feedback
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential; experience using Microsoft CRM, Tableau, or comparable systems is a plus
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Marketing Coordinator” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.