Marketing & Communications Department
Under the direction of the Director, Marketing & Corporate Partnerships, the Marketing & Corporate Partnerships Manager will play a key role in strengthening and growing the UWGLA’s corporate relationships. The Manager will develop strategies for individual corporate partners to increase donations and raise employee engagement. The Marketing & Corporate Partnerships Manager will drive brand awareness by cultivating strategic partnerships and sponsorships, including cause marketing efforts. He/she will head up the creation and production of all campaign materials and other marketing assets to drive the organization forward. At key times, the Manager will partner with the Events Manager to create and execute events as they pertain to corporate partnerships.
- Partner with Development Team to create and implement corporate partnerships and corporate recognition programs.
- Execute strategic partnerships, including corporate relationships, event sponsorships and cause marketing, in collaboration with the Development, Community Impact, Communications & Content, and CRM teams.
- In partnership with Events Manager, identify and cultivate event sponsorships to raise $1 million in sponsorship revenue for event portfolio; responsible for cultivating in-kind and media sponsorships.
- Partner with Communications and Content team in terms of messaging, both broadly and to specific donor segments. Leverage digital assets with corporate donors.
- Work closely with the CRM & Data Analytics team on customer insights, data analytics, and consumer market research needs in order to drive the creation of innovative marketing strategies.
- Manage creative efforts and production of all marketing materials and assets to ensure brand consistency and messaging across all channels and platforms, both internally and externally.
- Review and approve all externally-created marketing materials using UWGLA name and/or logo.
- Create effective dashboards and analyze KPIs, with an audience emphasis on sales and marketing executive leadership end users.
- Manage external vendors and contractors to maximize results, and support the current and future goals of the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Brand/Consumer Marketing; CRM experience a plus
- Experience in corporate environments is highly desirable; understanding of corporate mindset is crucial
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to deliver effective marketing messages
- Proven strategist with strong business acumen and analytical skills with a strong creative eye and ability to evaluate creative
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization
- Effective relationship building skills with key constituents such as board members, corporate partners and sponsors, and new business targets
- Ability to effectively work across functions, including Development, Community Impact, and Finance
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate strategy, tactics, and results with clarity for a variety of audiences
- Enthusiastic team player with positive can-do attitude, flexibility to re-prioritize, multi-task and switch tasks fluidly, including ability to hit the ground running
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Must thrive under pressure and be able to accept constructive feedback
- Willing to occasionally work late nights or weekends during crunch times to meet business needs
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel) is essential
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Marketing & Corporate Partnerships Manager” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.