Marketing & Communications Department
Building and increasing awareness of the UWGLA brand.
Under the direction of the Director, Marketing & Events, the Marketing Manager will play a key role in building the United Way of Greater Los Angeles (UWGLA) brand, and increasing the awareness and visibility of UWGLA among the general public and UWGLA donors. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing, shaping, and improving the perception of the UWGLA brand through the strategic execution of marketing plans, strategic partnerships and events. In addition, the Marketing Manager will oversee the production of all marketing materials and assets.
Growing our brand is critical to the health of our business and will help lead the transformation of United Way of Greater Los Angeles.
- Work closely with the Director, Marketing & Events to help define the vision for the UWGLA brand, ensuring brand consistency across all channels, and platforms
- Work closely with the Director, Marketing & Events to develop a comprehensive suite of marketing and messaging materials, providing creative direction and communicating a compelling brand position
- Work closely with the Director, Marketing & Events and the Events Manager on the creation of marketing and communications strategies to support UWGLA events
- Partner with key members of the Marketing & Communications team to ensure integration of brand marketing, PR, digital, email, social media and content strategies and initiatives that drive brand visibility and loyalty
- Develop a deep understanding of donor segments across a variety of data sources to drive marketing campaigns and strategies
- Review all marketing materials using UWGLA name and/or logo
Partnerships & Events:
- Support the management of strategic partnerships, including corporate partnerships, event sponsorships and cause marketing partnerships
- Identify, secure and manage event sponsorships under the direction of the Director, Marketing & Events, as well as in-kind and media sponsorships, to raise sponsorship revenue for the UWGLA event portfolio
- Provide support as directed on the production for events ranging in scale from intimate donor events to large-scale experiential events (such as United Way’s annual HomeWalk 5K), including: programming and content, marketing collateral, flawless execution day of event, and post-event analysis and reporting
Organizational Leadership & Capability Building:
- Partner with the Marketing & Communications team in developing annual Marketing & Events goals and workplans
- Report on and analyze KPIs, evolving and optimizing the marketing strategy based on analysis to ensure progress against goals
- Develop processes to ensure inter-departmental success, while championing cross-functional collaboration
- Stay current on market, competition, best practices, and trends, applying them to strategies when applicable
- Manage external vendors and contractors to maximize results and support the goals of the organization
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Required Experience: Minimum 3-4 years of experience in Brand/Consumer Marketing
Additional Desired Experience:
- Marketing experience in areas outside of Brand/Consumer Marketing (e.g., CRM, digital marketing, e-commerce, customer insights, sales, strategy consulting)
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to deliver effective marketing messages
- Proven track record in planning successful events, acquiring event sponsorships or similar business development
- Proven ability to translate complicated subject matters, such as policy and advocacy work, into simple, compelling and clear communications
- Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization
- Cares deeply for the personal and professional development of the people on their team
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and to deal with ambiguity and create frameworks and plans to solve unstructured problems
- Effective relationship builder particularly with key constituents such as board members, corporate partners and sponsors, and new business targets
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history with the “Marketing Manager” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.