Community Impact Department
Under the direction and guidance of the Director, Education Programs and Policy and the Program Officer, Education (Linked Learning), the Program Coordinator, Education (Linked Learning) will be responsible for managing partnerships in our regional Linked Learning efforts. This individual will help create systems to measure, monitor, and report on the performance and impact of United Way’s partnerships with schools, school districts, work-based learning providers, and businesses at both the singular program level and system-wide level.
The Program Coordinator, Education (Linked Learning) will work closely with United Way’s Development staff to identify and build partnerships with our donors to support work based learning opportunities for students, secure internships, and sponsor the Linked Learning initiative.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is focused on building relationships and engaging our constituents toward executing our mission. This focus requires that staff will work together on building, maintaining and strengthening relationships that achieve our mission.
This position has responsibility for connections with the following constituent groups:
- Philanthropic community
- Government funders
- Permanent Supportive Housing Providers
- Systems Change Agents
- Business Leaders Task Force on Homelessness
- Partner with Program Officer, Education to develop goals and standards for engaging multiple stakeholders in our Linked Learning initiative that are aligned to the organization’s strategic goals.
- Manage Work Based Learning efforts:
- Manage collaboration between United Way, Linked Learning high schools and school districts, work-based learning providers, and businesses in order to maintain a system for delivering high quality work based learning opportunities for students.
- Work closely with United Way’s Development staff to secure internship sites, partner with providers to take students for placements, and track outcomes.
- Plan and execute annual Linked Learning Student Showcase in coordination with Development and Marketing teams.
- Support United Way’s successful implementation of the Linked Learning initiative, education programs, and partnerships.
- Manage implementation and monitoring of work-based learning opportunities among six school districts in LA County, industry sectors, elected/civic leaders, work-based learning providers, and students.
- Lead and collaborate with United Way staff, school and district leaders, industry sector professionals, and others to plan events, convenings, site visits, etc. to increase public awareness and action that support Linked Learning.
- Develop and execute strategies that advance UWGLA education policy/programmatic agenda (e.g. work-based learning; college and career readiness, specifically Linked Learning; A-G college prep curriculum; career technical education; etc.) to drive systemic reform.
- Partner with Marketing and Development departments to create briefs and fact sheets that analyze work-based learning opportunities and the provision of technical assistance to improve college and career readiness for all students in Los Angeles, particularly as it relates to the Linked Learning approach to instruction.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy Education, Business Administration, or equivalent experience required.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in business, education, workforce development, economic development or related field.
- Relationship-Building Skills: Must be able to build and maintain relationships with business, community, education, district leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Community Knowledge: Priority will be given to applicants with experience working with the L.A. Unified School District, key decision makers, and stakeholders (e.g. businesses, community, parent and teacher groups, etc.) from the Los Angeles region.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership skills (e.g. committed, honest, positive, able to inspire, creative, sense of humor, etc.) with a proven track record in managing broad-based efforts with a diverse set of stakeholders and partners.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume, and salary history, with the “Program Coordinator, Education (Linked Learning)” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.