Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, Public Sector Accounts, the Public Sector Accounts Manager role is a results-driven sales/fundraising professional with relentless focus on increasing revenue to support the United Way of Greater Los Angeles’ (UWGLA) mission and community impact-focused strategic objectives. The Public Sector Accounts Manager will develop and implement programs and plans for: a) growing Workplace revenue, b) improving the rate of growth within existing key Workplace accounts, and c) value-added programs that align with donor business objectives and foster year-round engagement opportunities. Total revenue responsibility of $350K in annual Workplace contributions.
- Responsible for development of an engagement strategy for top level management and officials within key public sector Workplace accounts.
- Implement strategies and opportunities to engage with key public sector Workplace accounts year-round to nurture, advance, and enhance relationships to institutionalize United Way within the workplace.
- Implements “best practices” Workplace campaigns.
- Act as enthusiastic, professional UWGLA representative while successfully articulating the organization's mission, vision, and values to other stakeholders and collaborators.
- Create a strategic account plan for every Public Sector Account in consultation with the Director, Shared Services.
- Take personal ownership of all aligned key individual staff, including top level management, officials, senior staff, and Workplace Ambassador.
- Responsible for raising funds, including confidence in asking for money, and closing the deals.
- Identify new ways to drive and generate revenue including strategies to best engage volunteers.
- Maintain high personal visibility throughout key Workplace campaigns.
- Maintain an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Monitor and document activity within computer database and filing systems, using protocols established by pledge processing.
- Participate in donor recognition and donor engagement events, as needed;
- Provide United Way information to the public and manages special projects as assigned;
- Communicate and integrate with internal departments and operations to strengthen account relationships and develop greater customer service.
- Implement a Labor engagement strategy with public sector employees and leadership.
- Collaborate with Gift Processing and Finance to leverage eWAY and other technologies for more efficient revenue collection.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in penetrating and navigating complex, multi-site, and public sector accounts.
- Experience working within a “team” sales environment, leveraging shared resources to generate greater penetration and growth.
- Experience in consultative selling, including to top level management, officials, and/or senior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to meet predetermined revenue goals.
- Understand general business and financial principles required to effectively lead, manage, and align resources for performance, such as pipeline management and forecasting.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years in sales and/or fundraising experience for high volume institutions and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with organizational levels within a diverse environment.
- Experience linking political strategy with a revenue growth strategy.
- Expertise on current political climate within Greater Los Angeles region.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong detail orientation, analytical, organizational, and time management skills a must.
- Proficient in donor and/or sales customer relationship management (CRM) databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume and salary to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Public Sector Accounts Manager" in subject line.
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.