Under the general direction and guidance of the Director, Business Development, the Regional Accounts Manager role is a results-driven sales/fundraising professional with relentless focus on increasing revenue to support the United Way of Greater Los Angeles’ (UWGLA) mission and community impact-focused strategic objectives. The Regional Accounts Manager will develop and implement programs and plans for: a) growing Workplace revenue, b) improving the rate of growth in existing key Workplace accounts within a defined geographic territory, and c) value-added programs that align with donor business objectives and foster year-round engagement opportunities. Total revenue responsibility may exceed $1M in annual Workplace contributions.
- Responsible for development of a CEO/C-Suite engagement strategy within key corporate Workplace accounts.
- Implement strategies and opportunities to engage with key corporate Workplace accounts year-round to nurture, advance, and enhance relationships to institutionalize United Way within the workplace.
- Implement “best practices” Workplace campaigns.
- Ensure growth in account participation rates, Creating Pathways out of Poverty (CPOP) funding, and Leadership giving.
- Partner with Director, Business Development for sign off of concrete account goals and development of formal partnership plan.
- Act as enthusiastic, professional UWGLA representative in successful articulation of the organization's mission, vision, and values to other stakeholders and collaborators.
- Develop familiarity with assigned territory to ensure success of regional Workplace campaigns.
- Create a regional “best practices” strategy and implement plan for every Workplace account, in consultation with the Director, Shared Services.
- Take personal ownership of all aligned key individual staff, including the CEO, Senior Management, and Workplace Ambassador.
- Responsible for raising funds, including confidence in asking for money, and closing the deals.
- Identify new ways to drive and generate revenue including strategies to best engage volunteers.
- Maintain high personal visibility throughout key Workplace campaigns.
- Maintain an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
- Maintain knowledge of regional and local competition, as well as general industry trends.
- Participate in donor recognition and donor engagement events, as needed.
- Monitor and document activity within computer database and filing systems, using protocols established by pledge processing.
- Collaborate with Gift Processing and Finance to leverage eWAY and other technologies for more efficient revenue collection.
- Communicate and integrate with internal departments and operations to strengthen company relationships and develop greater customer service.
- Provide United Way information to the public and manage special projects as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in penetrating and navigating complex, multi-site, and corporate accounts.
- Experience working within a “team” sales environment, leveraging shared resources to generate greater penetration and growth.
- Experience in consultative selling, including to C-Level Executives and Senior Management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet predetermined revenue goals.
- Understands general business and financial principles required to effectively lead, manage, and align resources for performance, such as pipeline management and forecasting.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years in sales and/or fundraising experience for high volume institutions and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with organizational levels within a diverse environment.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong detail orientation, analytical, organizational, and time management skills a must.
- Proficient in donor and/or sales customer relationship management (CRM) databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
Interested candidates please email a cover letter, resume and salary, with the “Regional Accounts Manager” position title in the Subject line, to Hiring Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
United Way of Greater Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or status as a veteran. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs.