To provide care and support to homeless individuals and families, check out these volunteer opportunities:
- Throw a United Way “House Warming Party” and welcome formerly-homeless individuals into their new homes with welcome home “kits”
- Decorate a housing unit to prepare it for a new family’s move-in
- Cook a meal for formerly/currently homeless individuals
- Create hygiene kits for homeless/formerly homeless individuals
- Become a companion to a formerly homeless individual and support them as they acclimate to a new way of life
PLEASE NOTE: A budget is required for certain volunteer activities.
To sign up for any of these opportunities or to get more information, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Jessica Yas, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-808-6463.
And check out this slide show of volunteer opportunities in Homelessness: