Thursday, July 30 at 12PM
Stories From The Frontline is an opportunity to change the way we think about homelessness. You will hear from people who have experienced homelessness and those on the frontlines working to end it. These stories are a testament to the power of collective action.
We invite you to join us on Thursday, July 30 at 12 p.m. for our 12th installment of Stories From The Frontline: South Los Angeles. This virtual event will focus on reimaging Black communities. Please RSVP below!
The first 500 guests to RSVP will receive a $5 off digital coupon to Happy Ice.
Speaker Line-up Stories From The Frontline: South Los Angeles:
· Shanola Hampton – Emcee
· Pastor William D. Smart - Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Southern California
· Veronica Lewis, HOPICS
· Tekoah Flory, Black Lives Matter
· Veronica Sance, Los Angeles Black Workers Center
· Quincey Coleman, South L.A. Community Organizer, United Way of Greater Los Angeles
· Ron Collins, South L.A. Community Organizer, United Way of Greater Los Angeles
· LaRae Cantley – CSH Speak Up! Advocate
· Dennis King – CSH Speak Up! Advocate
· Nina Womack – Founder of Let’s Be Whole
· Elise Buik – President & CEO, United Way of Greater LA
This heat is brutal. There are many ways we can show up for those experiencing homelessness, like offering water and being thoughtful to those seeking shade and cool places to stay. But we also need to show up to support real, long-term solutions. Participate in one of our events this week and next. We have multiple trainings happening throughout L.A. County, there is a screening of the film The Advocates, and a huge opportunity to speak up for your unhoused neighbors at the Candidate Forum we'll be hosting on August 1st.
Please click the link below to view our calendar of events!
Thank You! Stay tuned...