Join United Way of Greater Los Angeles to celebrate Read Across America Day by volunteering to read to pre-k, kinder, first, second, and third graders in the City of Wilmington!
Volunteers are needed on Friday, March 2, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. To register click here.
Can’t attend on March 2? Go DIY and take action in your community!
- Contact your local elementary school, library, or community center and inquire if they are seeking volunteers.
- Share the NEA’s Read Across America Classroom Activity Guide with teachers and librarians in your network.
- Host a Reading Party with families in your community! Ask each attendee (children and adults!) to bring a few books and plan time for everyone to share the most exciting, scary, or interesting thing about their books. Don’t forget to provide healthy snacks and make the event fun!
- Donate a book to a school via our Target Registry.
- Click here for more activity ideas.
- Read to young children in your life! See below for our staff’s favorite children’s books.
- Buy a book for a child in your life. If using Amazon.com, don’t forget to select United Way of Greater Los Angeles as your charity of choice on AmazonSmile, then make ALL your Amazon purchases through AmazonSmile to have a portion of those purchases donated back to United Way of Greater Los Angeles!